Wednesday 30 October 2013

Godaddy Error: domain is already assigned to an account

Main reason for post this message is, yesterday I purchased new domain name, then when I was trying to point this domain to my hosting, I got error like domain is already assigned to an account.At that time I thought, it is my mistakes in configure my domain name. Actually it was not that.


This error is basically because of, this domain name is already connected to a hosting account in go-daddy network.If you get this error, please contact them. They provide excellent online support.And ask them to remove the previously pointed hosting and get it into free. They will do that with in 24 hours and after that you can point it to in your hosting server.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this info although there is zero online support now with GoDaddy, they simply don't offer it, so you have to telephone instead and that can take a while to get any response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just solved it with gogaddy chat — you need to delete the secondary domain from the hosting (the domain that you want to use), and only then the system will allow you to make this secondary domain primary, so it won't give you the error message

    ReplyDelete